Many good, kind, honest, hard working, loving people are able to create and enjoy comfortable lives for themselves and others. However, all too often people who make fun, belittle and bully others are the life of the party, the flashiest people lie and cheat, the least conscious companies make the most money, and the most corrupt politicians win elections.
How can you get to a point where your “goals and comfort” do not infringe on the goals and comfort of your brothers and sisters? How can you live a life of integrity where you respect and honour your brother and sister’s life as much as your own while taking care of your material needs and wants?
If you are trapped in the dual reality of material success, you live in the duality of being “good” or “bad” and are overly focused on the “goodies”. Here goodies are seen as material goods that satisfy your Ego such as money, possessions, status, titles, accomplishments….These make you feel safe by reassuring you that you are better and deserve more (or are worse and deserve less) than your brothers and sisters. This of course only leads to suffering and separation and may push you to act out of integrity. There is always a price to pay when we become obsessed with these “goodies”. This price can manifest in different ways, for instance:
- Internal Coldness: You no longer feel the suffering of your brothers and sisters and the suffering you inflict on others
- Poor Health: Excessive attachment to external validations of success leads to fear which obstructs the healthy flow of Prana in the body
- Inability to differentiate between conditional love and unconditional love: You become so trapped in fear that you can only see your brothers and sisters that give you what you need/want and you ignore the others
- Disconnected from who you truly are and what truly matters: Stress, anxiety, burnout, depression take root
- Individual suffering leads to global suffering
However, if you spend a good part of your time in the Oneness reality and are Stepping into Consciousness where you can navigate both these realities, you realize that there is no Good/Bad, there is just truth- your truth as you are experiencing it in this moment that is leading you to discover and live the one Truth that we are each love. You realize that the real “goodies” of Joy, Meaning, and Abundance do not come at a price. They come when you live in a place of Unconditional Love, the True Love that is your abiding nature.
So, Step into Consciousness, let go of fear and trust that you will always be taken care of and that you will be able to care for your brothers and sisters on the path as well.
Stay tuned for my next blog: ” What is holding you back from connecting to the Full Potentiality of the Universe?”
Nicole Rolland:Yoga/Meditation and Workshop Presenter www.inspiredworkshops.org
2016 Edition of Nicole’s book now available on Amazon
Amazon US, Canada and Europe
Stepping into Consciousness- A guide to Living a Life of Joy, Meaning, & Abundance